Welcome to the Progressives of Kane County.
We endeavor to represent progressive values throughout Kane County and to use these to drive legislative and electoral successes.
Our next general meeting is on Tuesday, August 14th at 7 pm at the Two Brother Roundhouse, 208 N. Broadway, Aurora, IL.
Check our calendar often for actions and events. New ones are added on a regular basis.
Updates from Our Blog
- Families Belong Together rally in Elgin! - Donald Trump and his administration are cruelly separating children from their families. But we won't allow it to continue. On June 30, we're rallying in Washington, D.C., and around the country to tell Donald Trump and his administration to stop separating kids from their parents!
- Aurora Pride Parade 2018 - The Progressives of Kane County has been accepted into the first Aurora pride parade this Sunday June 17th! We invite all members and supporters to march with us to show solidarity with our LGBTQ allies. Put on your walking shoes and let’s make history together! If you wish to attend please read the attachments to this […]
- Barn Sale – June 8, 9 & 10 - Progressives of Kane County is hosting its first Barn Sale this weekend! At: MAC’s Barn, 169 S. Lincoln Ave, Aurora, Il In the Historic District. Plenty of parking in the adjacent lot. June 8, 9 &10 th from 8am to 3pm rain or shine Dressers, tools, household items, bed frames, comics, household accessories, lamps, accessories, […]
- Weekend canvassing in Aurora for Goldstein and Wunderly. - Maggie Wunderly is leading the charge in her race for State Central Committeewoman 11th Congressional District and for Aaron Goldstein for Attorney General this weekend. Bring a friend and don't worry if you haven't canvassed before because we will show you how.
- Canvassing for Daniel Biss & Jim Walz in Batavia – 12/30/2017 - While this campaign isn’t backed by ridiculous lumps of cash- we have the power of the people. Join our grassroots effort to spread the word about Daniel Biss, a champion for women, workers, immigrants, minorities, students, and the LGBTQ community. Daniel is the most progressive candidate for Governor of Illinois, and it’s up to us […]
How can I get started?
Please join us for our monthly meetings! They are at 7 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday of each month. Anyone interested in promoting progressive ideals is welcome.
What is the role of a member?
As a member, you can vote on issues, endorsements, and board member elections. Membership dues are $27 per year.
What else will I do?
It takes grass roots action to realize progressive change. You will have the opportunity to join rallies and marches, canvass and phone bank for candidates, and write letters and sign petitions in regards to policy. Want to do more? Join a committee! Our committee members research candidates and policy, manage our communications network, and develop strategy regarding issues and elections.
How do I learn about politics in Kane County?
The Kane County Government Guide provides an overview of the history of Kane County, scheduled elections, and current elected officials (please note, it was last updated in 2015).
How do I register to vote?
In order to vote in Kane County, you must be a U.S. Citizen, be 18 years of age, and be a resident for 30 days prior to the election. Specific instructions are available on the Kane County Elections site. Several of the members of the Progressives of Kane County are deputy voter registrars.
Please keep checking back here for important news as we retool our organization for the future.
For now, please check out our facebook group to keep up to date on the Progressive movement in Kane County, Illinois.
Meetings are usually the second Thursday of the month. Our July meeting is on Tuesday, July 11th at 7 pm in Elgin Township Government Building and our August meeting will be at Two Brothers Roundhouse in Aurora.